We provide a logical developmental method for learning written communication and unique tools called WITS® that help people visualize what is taught.
WITS® manipulatives "train the brain" by building strong neural connections associated with communication: with speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Everyone, from children to adults, can learn or enhance their communication skills by using these logical "building blocks" for written language.
People are highly valued at Write Minded Education, Inc. People have interesting stories and we want them to share their thoughts and stories with confidence and ease. Too often we have witnessed the way people back away from speaking or writing because of their weak communication skills. The media airs complaints from institutions about students needing better writing/thinking skills or complaints about schools not teaching writing composition.
Essential communication skills are actually easy to identify, develop, and practice when learned via a multisensory process! This is a process that promotes focus, concentration and learning. WHY? - people can "touch and see" non-tangible concepts such as the "ideas or standards of good communication". How great it is when learning those essential skills of communication becomes easy and fun. This happens when the brain can be given touch, texture, color, and symbolic icons that coordinate with text and talk. Write Minded Education's mission is to make the teaching and learning of core communication skills successful for everyone.
What We've Achieved
- People whose communication skills improved
- Communicators with extensive vocabularies
- Communicators with confidence who begin enjoying and experimenting with language
- A framework for communication that is both stable and flexible
- Visuals that illustrate language flow and sequencing
- People understanding differences in genres because of clear-cut examples in materials that accompany the manipulatives
- Writers who automatically "stick to the subject"
- Students who continue building skills on a horizontal and vertical spectrum--the WITS® process is developmental
- Metacognition for participants which is embedded in the WITS method
- People who can"jumpstart" their own thinking when given a topic
- Writers and storytellers creating compositions with confidence